Saturday, December 10, 2011
I am having surgery a few days before Christmas and when people hear that, the first reaction is usually something like, "Oh, that's too bad; you will be laid up for the holidays!"
But, me, being me, always looking for the positive (even as I worry), I have found some perks in this situation. Aside from the obvious (the promise of being in better health and less physical discomfort), am happy with or looking forward to the following:
1. This is the first time ever that I have completed my Christmas shopping by, what's today? Oh yeah, December 10th!!!!!
2. Because I don't want to return to a mess at work, I am taking the time (which I somehow could never find in the past) to clear out the clutter in my office.
3. I will have a legitimate excuse to partake of my favorite activity for a couple of weeks ... SLEEP!
4. No work until sometime after the new year.
5. I get to go shopping for new things ... ok, so it's post-op stuff like meds and comfy clothes but I'm still excited.
6. People are so darn nice to me right now.
I'm sure if I dig deeper, I can think of some more but I'll stop here for now. Suffice it to say, I am eagerly awaiting the forced vacation since I probably need one and would not have taken one otherwise.