Thursday, September 29, 2011

Round and Round


I realize that I have a pattern of starting and stopping, the same things - basically going round and round in what seems to be a never ending cycle. This is my fourth blog - I start - I write - I stop - I start again. I looked at a post I wrote in 2007 where I was mad hype because I had an action plan. I was going to lose weight and be all fit & fly (for the umpteenth time!). I had just gotten my learner's permit (for the third time). I was on those lessons and going to be driving within months. In my head, I worked out that I was going to finally complete school since I had already attended three colleges and earned not one degree.

Yeah ... let's fast forward to the present. Still on that losing weight tip. My permit will expire on my birthday next year if I don't do something about it. Haven't graduated yet. These are just a few items that come to mind; I have some others that are on perpetual repeat also.

On the surface, it may look like "wow, this chick can't get it together, huh?" But what I recognize is that this is a process. Life is happening all the time. There are things I didn't anticipate which I have handled and now they are done. To do lists may not be completed, but relationships are being built and strengthened. As long as I have breath, I have another chance to take a stab at my goals. I may look as if I am in the same place, but I am not. Each time I begin a cycle, I get closer to achieving my desired result. I also learn something, either about myself or the world, that helps me and provides an opportunity to share with others.

So today, as with everyday, I will continue moving forward, content with the knowledge that I am where I need to be at this moment in time.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you, I feel you, I FEEL YOU! I've started two books and have yet to complete either one. However, one of the books God told me to write so I must finish. Girl, I get caught up in the emotion of it all and as soon as it wears off, my commitment wears off too. I'm trying to break this cycle for real because God has so much for me to do. Imagine if He'd gotten off the cross? He finished what He started so I guess we better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Isn't it wonderful that ours is not a God of second chances but One of another chance ... we have the grace to keep trying until we complete our tasks.

    ReplyDelete